a journal of sorts for the roomates of jebus man.

Thursday, January 26, 2006

Big White here we come!

We leave tomorrow after work. Since arriving home from work this afternoon I've been on my feet. I first started the lamb stew that I'm bringing up for lunch. I made the broth yesterday from the bones from a couple lamb roasts that Catherine had in her freezer. The soup has onions, yams, potatoes and wild rice and I seasoned it with rosemary and sage from my garden. Some garlic, salt and pepper finished it off. I'm also going to make a clam chowder with clams Isabelle brought from where she's from on Magdalen Island and left here. I was going to do it tonight, but after tidying up and getting things ready for Big White for the past 4 hours, I want to sit down. :)

Had a great dinner at A Kettle of Fish last night. The service was damn slow but the food was incredible. We all had the Dine-Out menus, the tuna was fantastic, the best I've ever had. Virginie ordered a bottle of red wine, only to find out that it was a white, but listed on the page with all the reds, so we got it free! After finishing both the white and the red that followed, we were all having a great evening. I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. So hard that you cry and your cheeks and sides hurt. It'll be so much fun hanging out with these same people at Big White. I wish Larry and Catherine weren't leaving, we've had a lot of fun the past little while.

I should make something quick for dinner, then start packing my things up. I've done a couple loads of laundry and dishes and swept the floors... still more to do though!

Expect to see a whole bunch of photos on my Flickr! page on Monday when we get back. Or maybe sooner if we have internet access in the condo. Happy weekend!! :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home