"Oh what a beautiful morning..."
Ya, ok I know it's been a while. Even I get tired of shmarmy "I'm so happy" posts. What can I say? Things are going well right now! So that leaves me with super exciting life updates and turns this blog into more of a personal daily (somewhat) journal. Thing is, I don't always feel like having an online, public journal, and so this is what you get... a shmarmy "I'm so happy post". :) Better than nothing? Maybe yes, maybe no.
Seriously though, today is a beautiful, perfect September day. On my morning cycle to work I felt really energized and it made for a great start to the day. Hm, so what's new? Let's see...
I'm a student again! Hehe, well not quite yet, I've paid my fees but have yet to receive my package from the Canadian School of Natural Nutrition. I'm taking the program via distance education and I'm hoping I will be able to get through the material at a slightly faster pace, given my educational background. Beginner biochemistry and biology? No previous knowledge necessary? Bring it on! (FYI I have an honours degree in biotechnology/microbiology - I'm allowed to brag, it was damn hard, and I did it!).
My friend Nicole has recently gotten engaged (congratulations!!) and she's asked me to be in the wedding party, which I'm super excited about - I've never been a bridesmaid! Or will I be a bridesmatron? That sounds weird. The wedding will be on Grouse Mountain next summer and I'm looking forward to helping her get everything in order. We're going to take another look at the venue this afternoon after we do the grind.
Luke and I are heading up to Whistler on Saturday after we go see the Dalai Lama who is in town for a few days. We're spending Saturday night in a hotel with Nicole and her fiance (and maybe Beth) and then hiking the Musical Bumps on Sunday. I'm really excited about the hike, my hike book has fantastic things to say about it "people feel giddy up here... as though they were on magic mushrooms... alpine spendour at it's best... ". The peaks are named after musical instruments - Oboe, Piccolo and Flute - and in Singing Pass the wind is supposed to sound beautiful coming down off the peaks. Apparently the names were inspired by "The Sound of Music." Should be a fun day!
I think the warm evenings of doing yoga down by the beach are over. I went last night and had pretty cold toes by the end of it. Maybe the morning class tomorrow would be better...
Hope you enjoy this super fantastic Friday! And that's the end of this disconnected, shmarmy update. :P
** No Grouse Grind today afterall, which I'm happy about, even though all morning I've been looking out the window and marvelling at how beautiful the mountains look. :)


1 Comments:
Hehe, I'm excited about the wedding too! Thanks for being a bridesmaid, although I don't really like that term because it implies that you are my servant... let's use "super cool, helpful and special friend", okay?
Nicole
10:47 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home