My Day
Let me tell you about my day.
After I was washed and dressed this morning, I put on my inflatable chef outfit, walked up to the bus, and went to work. After a brief walkaround (looking at other costumes) and my morning coffee, I proceeded to go through my email. I had about 8 visits in the morning by various people needing my help, and finally caught up on what's going on by noon, just in time for costumes and pizza.
There were several good costumes, most notably a really good Ali G, and a smooth pimp.
After lunch I worked on some build stuff, and then Stuart (my new manager) asked me to help Neil with some stuff. So Neil and I met up, he told me what he wanted, why he wanted it, and how he thought it might work. We thought for a while, and I suggested a simpler idea that I could prototype quickly. Neil agreed, and so I started digging in. I had the headphones on, the music pumping, and got to work. It took about 15 minutes before I could load everything into my brain and start flowing.
Cristian came over, and showed me his fix for an problem we were working on. I reviewed his work and then we worked together to simplify the solution.
Back to the desk, headphones, music and code. For the past while I've been using my laptop keyboard almost exclusively (since I got it). In the past two weeks however, I've switched back to my sweet TypeMatrix keyboard. It's so thin, and comfortable to type with. In addition, the dvorak layout really helps everything flow. I highly recommend learning dvorak. It doesn't take that long (relatively), but it feels so nice.
In the afternoon I got a call from Wolfgang about the interview that I'll be doing tomorrow for qapodcast.com. I'll be talking about a cool tool we discovered called Selenium. It's really caught on, and I've become the go-to guy for selenium stuff.
Around 6:30, I called Neil over, and showed him a working prototype. There are still a few things to fix up and add, but it works.
I put my costume back on, and then bussed home. Jen has just made a lovely dinner, and that's my day!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home