Ready, set, go!
Sunday night already. Last week went so fast. I remember waking up on Monday morning and thinking "oh no, it's only Monday." And here we go again. Last week was tough. Luke and I were both feeling in the dumps and unhappy in general at work. We were probably both overtired and our spirits were down. Luke started feeling better towards the end of the week, but I could hardly keep my eyes open. I'm happy to report though, that I am feeling better. I really needed a weekend to get a little perspective and some much needed sleep and downtime.
I haven't really solved my work-related problem... that was all that was bringing me down, but I think I just need to worry less and act more. So basically I feel as if I have no goal, but that I should have one, and why aren't I working towards it?? When I started my job I didn't really think about it and I wasn't really sure what would happen beyond that for at least the next couple years, so it didn't matter. Now, since I've rotated into my new department - which is great, very nice to be doing something new - I realized I am over halfway through my self-prescribed "term" there (I never thought I would work there for more than 3 years, more likely 2) and no closer to knowing what was going to happen next and it was really getting me down.
I've come out of my slump now. I'm going to focus on the projects I have going, the stack of books I have to read, cooking up some new delicious recipes and my yoga. That is my goal for this week at least. I can't worry about something I can't control. :) Oh also I need to go to bed earlier and watch less tv.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home