a journal of sorts for the roomates of jebus man.

Thursday, February 02, 2006

Meme!

Thanks Laura!!

What were you doing 10 years ago?

I was in grade 10. Grade 10 was my favourite year. Well grade 11 was pretty fun too, grade 12 as well. Ok anyway, in grade 10 my little group of friends used to arrange for potluck sandwich lunches where we'd all bring a sandwich component (including homemade bread) and put the masterpieces together where we sat upstairs at school in the hall. Ah, the memories. I always thing grade 10 was great cause in my school picture I'm really tanned from spending part of the summer holidays on a sailboat in the British Virgin Islands. A nice tan makes me feel more radiant and healthy. Weird, cause it's actually the opposite. Oh well.

What were you doing 1 year ago?
I was planning a wedding! February last year was beautiful so I was probably biking to work and running more (although now I'm doing more yoga so it balances out). Oh I started running to work in February when the weather was so nice. That's also when I started using myfooddiary and subsequently lost nearly 15 lbs in time for the wedding! (I've gained back at least 5 of those over the holidays... oops!)

Five snacks you enjoy (in no particular order, as all snacks are created equal):
1. cheese
2. cookies
3. frozen grapes/mandarin orange slices
4. any fruit in the whole world
5. veggies with lots of dip

Five songs to which you KNOW all the lyrics:
1. anything by Cake
2. Wood, Cheese and Children
3. Make your own kind of music
4. the Flickr! song
5. Jenny from the Block

**Thanks for the reminder mom! I can't believe I forgot! I can sing along to pretty much every single Jimmy Buffet song. A few favourites: Cheeseburger in Paradise, Last Mango in Paris, One Particular Harbor... :)

Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:
1. invest heavily so that I could stop "working" and start my own business without financial worries
2. buy a beautiful house in the Gulf Islands
3. take my family on a fantastic vacation
4. go to Maui for an extended period of time and do tons of yoga at all the cool studios
5. do a round-the-world trip/travel across Canada

Five bad habits:
1. snacking
2. zit popping
3. falling into a vegetative coma as soon as i sit down when i get home from work instead of doing some productive
4. not flossing every day (or every week for that matter)
5. not biking or walking to work, even when it's raining, but instead scooting or taking the bus. i live 13 blocks from work! straight down the same street i live on!

Five things you like doing:
1. yoga
2. cooking/baking
3. knitting
4. camping/hiking
5. cleaning! feels so good to have everything in it's place!

Five things you would never wear, buy, or get again:
1. i will never buy soup stock again! ok probably i will but i'd like to think i can make enough to keep in the freezer for whenever i need it. i'm making chicken today... i'd like to try to make a veggie broth with lots of hearty mushrooms
2. Nike
3. yoga mat bag. it's just a tube with a strap. i'm crafty! i can figure out how to make one!
4. pants any larger than size 8 (i'm in 6's right now... hopefully it'll last a while!) - unless there's a baby on the way :)
5. disgusting capers. catherine had them leftover in her fridge and i can't think of a single thing to do with them

Five favorite toys:
1. digital camera2. can a garden be considered a toy?
3. my lovely lavender kitchenaid mixer
4. my scooter
5. jebus - i play with him! he's a toy who plays back!

Five friends to tag:
all new, no repeats from last time
1. Luke
2. Mel
3. Laura G
4. Kelly Peach
5. Lindsey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home