I have no subject today
I taught my first yoga class at Luke's office today. I think it went really well, the only disappointing part was that there were only 2 people. I was able to help them a lot in the postures and the class was much more personal and interactive. I do hope next week that more people come, but today was a good experience.
River and his friend Crystal were up for a quick visit tonight. We just got back from Connie's Cook House where we had dinner.
This week has really flown by. Work is so busy I don't have a chance to feel bad about my lack of ambition or interest. Monday was a great day, with the yoga and all. Tuesday I went to Mysore after work and totally got worked, it was awesome. So different when you've got someone focusing on you and really working you through a posture. On Wednesday Trav and Rene's cousin came over for dinner. We had salmon and I made stuffed eggplant from my Moosewood cookbook that I have hardly used since I got it. I haven't really made much eggplant stuff and I still think it's kind of weird, but dinner was great. We ate ice cream and watched Lost - which was amazing. 5 new things happening in next week's show! I can't even believe it.
Tomorrow I'm expecting another busy day at work, then I'm looking forward to a restoring afternoon practice and I've already chosen the bath bomb I'm going to use in the bath after. I'll put on some nice scented essential oils and make a pot of herbal tea. I think this is all sounding so appealing right now cause I have a chill. Jebus likes to be free to roam inside and out and if it stops him from peeing places other than his litter box then I'll put up with the drafts. Especially now that it is Spring!
Tomorrow night we are going to Skye and Carla's for a gathering in honour of Laura. Tomorrow will be the 49th day since she passed away and according to some Buddhist rituals on this day the soul is free to move on. I really wanted to spend more time thinking about this get-together this week and I wanted to prepare something or find something meaningful I could share. I just feel as though I can't think about it anymore. My thoughts are just cycling and no matter what angle I come from I can't see through Laura's eyes and I'll never understand what was going on in her mind and so I just feel sad for her emptiness and for losing a friend that I wanted to know better. From this tragedy I can take away a few pearls to treasure and I found some quotes in my search for inspirational messages to start off my yoga classes that capture the essence of how I feel:
"Nothing should be prized more highly than the value of each day" - Goethe (a German poet)
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world" - Mahatma Gandhi
We each choose our destiny and we make our own decisions - always try to do good (that's so easy to say). Life is so heart-wrenchingly beautiful but we forget to see that and are distracted by insignificant details. Love openly. Breathe and be inspired and happy.
I've just started reading a translation of the "Bhagavad Gita" which is an ancient poem from India that is said to contain the secrets to happiness. It is a conversation sung between "God" and Man in man's lowest hour. It passes on and clarifies the truths that are "at the core of what we already believe". I guess sometimes we just need to be reminded and have things put into perspective. I'm really looking forward to reading more and I'll elaborate when I get further.
Another day is over and tomorrow will come soon enough. Goodnight.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home