Family fun
After seeing mom and dad at the hockey game on Friday night, we met up again on Saturday night at Carrie's house in Chilliwack. Her newly-renovated kitchen is beautiful, I have to admit I'm jealous. New appliances, tile counters and fresh white cupboards. Looks very nice. We met mom, dad, Brad and Uncle Bob there for some delicious Chinese food and fantastic chocolate cake made by Carrie (the cake not the Chinese food). I even had a glass of milk with it, such a good combination - I haven't had a glass of milk since I read Fast-Food Nation and learned about how the cows are fed so many hormones to over-produce milk that their nipples get rubbed raw and covered in sores that ooze pus into the milk. Tasty. That and the fact that humans are the only creatures that drink milk once they've been weaned. Just seems weird. Don't worry, I still get lots of calcium. :)
We got home around 10pm and Luke headed out to Trav's birthday party and didn't get home till 5:30 in the morning... 6:30 actually because of daylight savings time. I got up at 9 and headed off to yoga and was very surprised to find Luke awake when I got back. Sorry I couldn't get him out of bed to help you move stuff Neil; I set his alarm before I left, but on that much sleep I wouldn't have been surprised to find the building in flames and him still sleeping soundly in bed. Ok, that's an exaggeration, but you get the point. :) Love you Luke!
Spent the rest of the day cleaning up in preparation for my Pampered Chef party on Friday. If anyone is interested but didn't get the invite let me know! The more the merrier! I must say our apartment looks great. And we got to show it off when dad called to say they were bringing Brad back out to UBC and would we mind having them over for drinks on the patio followed by dinner at the Keg. Sounds great! I struggled with what to order, but in the end went with what I always get - the filet mignon. A couple times I've tried to be different and ordered something else, but my steak craving is never really satisfied until I've had that tender bundle of meat wrapped in a slice of bacon. Yum. Luke even gave me some of his crab legs so all in all it was a great dinner.
Oh how could I forget... on Saturday night mom gave Carrie and I (Pascale got hers last night at the Keg) beautiful diamond necklaces. The diamonds are from some of Gubby's jewellry and so not only are they beautiful, but they have sentimental value and whenever the sparkles catch my eye (and these diamonds sparkle a lot!) I will think of Gubby and smile. :) Brad got an ounce of gold that Gubby had in her safety deposit box. Pretty cool, although I'd rather have diamonds! Haha. Thanks! Here's a photo...
That's all for now, got home from yoga an hour ago and Luke just walked in the door. Time for dinner... what will we have tonight? I think we'll make something Indian... I feel like something with lots of spices. :)


1 Comments:
Gorgeous necklace Jen! Its so nice to have something with family history. Im assuming Gubby is a grandparent or someone similar? :)
9:59 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home