Soothing Sanskrit
I just got home from Mysore. On Fridays it is a led class and my favourite teacher was there to lead the class. It was great. The new studio is smaller than the old one. I had a really sweaty practice, the windows were all fogged up and the room was really humid. It felt so good though. My teacher leads the class counting and calling out the posture names in Sanskrit and I really like it.
They've just started chanting after the led classes on Friday and today was my first chance to go. I don't understand any of it and I mostly mumbled along but somehow spoken (or sung as it is with the chants) Sanskrit can make a word spelled with mostly consonants (vrtti for example) sound very melodic. There were only 5 of us sitting in the circle, with Fiona's little boy running around playing, it was a neat experience.
I walked up to the drugstore after practice because we are out of both laundry detergent and dishwasher detergent. My drugstore just happens to carry the Method brand and thanks to Mel for the recommendation, I picked some up. Fresh air laundry detergent, lavender dishwasher tablets and almond wood floor cleaner. I've got the first load of laundry in now, just getting ready to start the dishes.
We are going to Bellingham this weekend for the Bellingham Juggling Festival. I'm planning on doing a lot of reading - I can't juggle, or watch juggling for 2 days straight. :) Luke is picking up the rental van around noon after a meeting he is going to at work. We're staying at the juggle farm, all of us sleeping up in the "love loft". Should be interesting. We'll be back Sunday evening, looking forward to the holiday Monday at home. :)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home