a journal of sorts for the roomates of jebus man.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Spring Cleaning!

We got our second organic produce delivery yesterday. We have been getting a bit behind in our veggie eating, not because the deliveries are too big but because when we got our first order last week we already had a full fridge of produce. Things were starting to go a bit off and so last night I did a big fridge clean out. Surprisingly I had everything needed to make a greek salad (even had feta cheese!) so that was dinner. Before getting started on the salad though I got a chicken stock going with the bones from the roasted chicken that mom brought over on Sunday for lunch. While that was simmering I made a little tofu appy (tofu, soy sauce, ginger and green onions) that needed to marinate overnight and will be ready today. The greek salad was very tasty, I had leftovers for lunch today. With the broth I made some beet soup, which I also had for lunch today. There is tons leftover in the fridge, I think I might freeze it into individual portions to take for lunch. Only 80 calories per serving! It's a great colour too, looks almost like raspberry puree. Very tasty, I love beets!

Before I got started on the fridge I emptied the cupboard under the sink. I hate that cupboard. It's smelly and full of cleaners and other nasty chemicals. Haven't cleaned it since we moved in nearly 2 years ago. Yikes! Wasn't that difficult to clean though. The main reason behind doing that (aside from getting rid of the lingering smell that seems to permeate the whole kitchen), is that we will soon be getting a new sink! I would have been very ashamed to have someone come over to install it and be forced to stick their head into that dingy cupboard. No longer though! It's clean.

Last week after one of my shopping sprees I went through my closet and drawers and pulled out a whole ton of clothes to either donate or consign. I have about 5 grocery bags full for the consignment stores and a garbage bag full for charity. I was thinking about posting photos of the clothes for consignment for you all to look at in case anyone wanted anything, but there are just too many things. Let's just say that if you are interested, let me know and you can go through it all. I was thinking $5-10 per pair of pants, $3-5 per shirt. There's a lot of good stuff in there, some of it hardly worn!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are really getting your house organized. I wish I was so motivated :)

Id love to look at the clothes! Can I come over on Sunday? :)

9:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home