a journal of sorts for the roomates of jebus man.

Monday, May 01, 2006

Wild west-coast salmon

Serious Foodie Advanced Day #1 - First we learned how to filet, de-bone and skin a whole salmon. That was really cool. We sliced it up and parts aside to use later. We poached one part in olive oil with some tasty veggies and herbs. Used some of the oil and some lemon juice to make a vinaigrette, tossed the poached veggies in it with some arugula and topped it on the salmon. All served with a very nice white wine. At the same time we smoked the salmon bellies and ate them on the side. Both are on my make-again list.
Finally we seared salmon filets with a potato horseradish crust. Made a beurre blanc sauce with lemon to go with the salmon. A red wine was chosen to go with this dish. Also on my make-again list.

And so goes Day 1! It's always very hard for me to leave the house once I've gotten home after work. I'm tired and hungry and going out and staying out till 10pm is never what I feel like doing. Even today, I was excited for the first day, but I really just wanted to stay home. Once I got to the kitchen though, I changed my mind. I had a great time. Whole new group of people. Chef Tony is fantastic. So fun to be back!

Oh and I did go for a little shopping trip on my way home today... :) Oqoqo... my favourite store lately. Some new pants, I'll post some pictures later. Bonne nuit!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The poached salmon is delicious! Thanks for dinner Jen :)

8:36 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home