Daily grind*
Monday already? I want another day!
Friday night we barbequed some hamburgers that I picked up from the butcher at Granville Island. Finally my hamburger craving has been satisfied! Spent Saturday relaxing and not doing much of anything aside from an intense yoga practice at home while Luke scooted out to Coquitlam to close a bank account. That evening Chris and Mel came over with some butter chicken and we cooked up a couple Indian veggie dishes as well as some naan for an Indian feast. Made some rice pudding with the leftover rice and enjoyed it for dessert with some vanilla syrup on top.
Sunday morning went to yoga with Mel for a nice energizing practice. After spending about 45 minutes at home I was picked up by Nicole, with Darwin (the dog - a husky-chocolate lab cross) and Ruth already in the car we headed up to Squamish to tackle the Chief once again. Hiked up to the 2nd peak this time in about an hour and a half. A while later we were back down with very tired legs. Came home just as Luke was cooking up some berry pancakes for dinner. Ate them while watching tv, did some dishes, some laundry and then fell into bed, exhausted at about 9:30.
Slept in this morning and scooted down to my dentist appointment. I hate having my teeth scraped. It hurts my gums and the sound sends shivers down my spine. All was fine and I headed off to work for a partial day. I was sitting in the lunch room when I realized that I'd lost an earring! It wasn't expensive, but I liked it nonetheless. :(
My Serious Foodie Advanced class starts tonight and goes for the next 5 Mondays. Expect to see more food posts being put up here! I heard we do lobster this time around!
No plans for the week aside from yoga on Thursday night. We've been invited to a Cinco de Mayo party on Friday night and then another on Saturday night. Have yet to respond to either. I'm just not really in a party mood right now and I can't plan as far ahead as the end of the week. Also, May 5th is Jebus' 5th birthday so part of me just wants to stay home. We'll see.
It's a beautiful day outside, although rather blustery and cold in the shade. I'd love to go lie on the grass in a park somewhere in the sun with a nice blanket. Maybe I'll substitute my patio for the park and pull out the papasan again for a nap in the sun. I also really feel like shopping with my bonus and income tax return burning a hole in my pocket. Maybe a walk up 4th Ave is in my future. :) Or maybe I should save my money for an impromptu holiday... or both!
Happy May 1st!
*Hardly a grind I must admit. Though somedays it does feel endless.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home