Busy!
On Monday I rotated into a new module at work. I'm doing something completely different now than I was before and it makes me feel much closer and more involved with the projects we're working on. It's also kept me really busy and the days have been flying by.
Had a great dinner at Josh and Ellis' on Wednesday night. Ellis googled Luke and found some of our wedding pictures and noticed that the Hawaiian guy marrying us was the same guy that married them. Tasty enchiladas and far too much sangria.
Woke up Thursday morning feeling very groggy but had a pretty good day overall because I knew I had Friday off. :) Ended up cancelling yoga at Luke's office cause nobody came, everyone is busy.... I'm thinking of postponing the classes till the end of the summer. Maybe offering classes upon request.
Today has been great. Went to yoga this morning. I stayed for the chanting again and we had a really good discussion about the Bagavad Gita and the Yoga Sutras. Something interesting... seems like all (most?) Sanskrit scriptures are sung, or chanted when spoken. I leave yoga with the tunes in my head and I remember them all day. :)
Met Luke for lunch, did a bit of shopping and came home for a short nap. I booked a car (correctly this time!) and picked up Beth after work, and Nicole downtown and we climbed the Grind. 1hr 12min this time, 6 minutes better than my best this year and 14 minutes slower than my best last year. Home now, listening to Xavier Rudd (thanks Carrie!). Made a spinach salad for dinner with dried cranberries, walnuts and goat cheese. I'm trying to eat up a bunch of the fruits and veggies in the fridge. Luke isn't a big fruit eater and although I love all fresh fruits I just can't keep up! I'm going to opt for a smaller box for our next delivery. Dessert tonight consists of: honeydew melon, a mango, a kiwi, and an orange and/or a grapefruit.
I'm meeting mom and dad at the skytrain in Surrey tomorrow morning and we're going to head out on the boat for a night. I'm looking forward to it. Going to pack some books... I picked up a copy of the Yoga Sutras by Patanjali - I don't know much about these yet... more to come I'm sure! Poor Jeeby is on his own again this weekend. Only one night this time. Be home Sunday night after dinner in Abbotsford (Father's Day!) and then I have Monday off! Luke and I should both arrive home right around the same time. Jebus will be happy then. Lots of armpit scratches.
I think it's time for a hot bath. Oils of cedar, sandalwood, ylang ylang - supposed to be good for the spirit. Hehe.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home