The sun makes me happy
The summer party was great, we ate and ate and drank till our bellies were stuffed. I have a whole bunch of burgers (veggie, turkey and beef - all homemade and carefully shaped with my own hands!) leftover in the freezer, so please come eat them! Just bring buns!
Luke left early Sunday morning for a conference in Chicago. My plan was to sleep in past noon, just because I haven't done that in a while and I had no other plans that day. The heat got me up at 8:30 though and I puttered and cleaned up from the party. After lunch I lathered up with sunscreen and went for a walk (and some shopping - sidewalk sales all down 4th ave, hehe) and ended up down at Kits beach. I went for a fabulous swim in the pool and then lay on the grass for a while and people-watched. I don't think the tint in my sunglasses is as dark as I think it is so I have to be careful not to get caught staring. Heh. Kits beach is a great place for people watching. I remember last year seeing a girl decked out in pink vinyl bike gear (pink helmet included) standing next to her matching pink street bike. She looked like a cartoon.
Luke's back on Wednesday night so I've got the house to myself for a few nights. Jebus gets lonely (me too!) when he goes away so I try to give him extra attention, he's good company, although kind of cranky in the heat. I'm hoping to make it to the pool again this week, got a trip to the Grind planned for tomorrow and then mom's birthday dinner in Abbotsford on Wednesday night. Going camping to Newcastle Island for the long weekend. It's going to be fun! It's a really neat spot. I haven't yet figured out how to bring a crab trap and bait along with us. There has always been such good crabbing there. Yum!
I love summer! The heat is sometimes a bit too much for me... but with the beach and the pool so close I think it will work out just fine. We can get a nice breeze through our apartment too with the cool air coming in off the shady patio. Everyone is so much happier and there are so many fun things to do. And I can wear skirts and tank tops every day without worrying about being cold! I want to get a thermometre so I can see exactly how hot it is getting... inside, on the shady patio and in the glaring sun. Ooh, I just thought about going berry picking! Fun!
Happy monday. :)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home