Saturday
I just finished my yoga this morning... it's been a bad week and if felt good to get back into my practice. I've been really tired and felt really lazy this week. Luke is still sleeping, but pretty soon I'll wake him up so we can drive to Richmond and pick up the windshield we ordered for the scooter. We're meeting up with dad around 1 for lunch. Last night we went out for Indian food just up the street. It was pretty good, the lady serving us was kind of weird though. As we were paying Luke was looking through a Future Shop flyer and noticed that Mario Party 7 is out so we walked up to the store and picked it up. We got home, did a bunch of cleaning and a little rearranging and then played some games. Went to bed about midnight at woke up at 9:30 this morning! At least I did... :)
There was a bit of confusion this week about our Winter party. I've been thinking about it since our party last year and so when I received an invitation for another party on the same night I was a little upset, to say the least. I love the holiday season, it's not Christmas so much, Luke and I are trying to get away from using "Christmas" because it symbolizes a lot of things we don't believe in - rampant consumerism and Jesus being the son of God for example. But I love the season, the holiday spirit, tasty treats, decorations and the feeling of a warm and cozy home smelling like spice. Luke and I really like the idea of celebrating the winter solstice (shortest day of the year), but we'll probably just do it on the 25th because we get the day off work. This year will be our first Christmas being married and so we're trying to find our own traditions.
So anyway, I'd been thinking about our party and all the things I was going to do to prepare for it (all the baking, the drinks we'd have, how to decorate the tree, etc), and I got this other invitation and it changed things. Turns out this other party will now be on the Friday night so we're free to have ours on the Saturday, hopefully people won't be partied out. Saturday was the only day that really fit for us, with work Christmas parties, people going home for the holidays and having to acclimatize our tree to being indoors - and it can only stay indoors for 10 days - but it seems to have worked out.
Not much happening this weekend, I suppose we have to vote today... I feel like baking, maybe I'll get started on my Christmas baking. I've started knitting Christmas stockings for Luke and I, maybe I can get one done this weekend. Just the regular stuff... laundry, belly rubs for Jebus, and I should really wash the floors. Have to spend some time outside too... it's beautiful out there! Ok, shower time.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home