work sleep work sleep work sleep
Luke and I had a great time on Saltspring this past weekend. Friday morning I went to the early yoga class. It was awesome. Such a great way to start the day. We left pretty soon after for the ferry and arrived at the terminal at about 9:45. No way were we going to catch the 10am Gulf Islands ferry but we thought we had a pretty good chance of catching the 1pm to Swartz Bay... nope, wrong, try the 1pm. We arrived in Swartz Bay just as the 3pm Saltspring ferry was leaving - and it wasn't even full! So we had to wait again and after a quick trip into Sidney to get groceries we caught the 5pm to Saltspring. It was so nice to finally get to our chalet and we hopped in the jacuzzi right away. Saturday we took a little trip into Ganges and looked around but for the rest of the weekend we stayed holed up in our little chalet with a warm fire, lots of Carcasonne, lots of books and lots of knitting. Very relaxing. We left early Monday morning and caught the 7:50am ferry back to Swartz Bay and then we were the 3rd to last car on the 9am back to Tsawwassen. Home by 11:30 to see Jebus, who was very happy we were home.
This week has been pretty regular. I had a massage yesterday which was very nice and made my stiff back (made much less stiff by the jacuzzi this weekend) feel much better. I have another appointment next Tuesday. Last night Brad brought dad's Jetta over to be parked in our empty parking stall. A little while later I headed up to Lindsey's for a Stitch n' Bitch session - I drove! I love heated seats! There were 5 of us there and it was nice to just sit around and chat. Everyone had a neat project, a couple of toques and scarves and some slippers. Someone brought up how nice it was to have something fun to do in the evening to break up the work-sleep-work-sleep cycle. So true!
I drove to work this morning too! At first it was just out of laziness, but I made it worthwhile this afternoon when I stopped to pick up some groceries. First I stopped at Cobs and got 2 loaves of bread (one for the freezer), a cheddar and jalapeno twisty loaf, a ham and cheese croissant for lunch tomorrow and a custard scroll (tasty bun with custard and coconut on top) for Luke - sshhh don't tell, it's a surprise! Next stop was the fish market next door where I bought some salmon burgers and some lemon garlic prawns. Then to the produce market for some fresh fruits and veggies.
Tonight for dinner: big salad with prawns, cheddar jalapeno bread and a custard scroll for dessert for Luke. Mmmm, I'm so hungry already.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home