a journal of sorts for the roomates of jebus man.

Thursday, December 01, 2005

Happy December! Let the holiday season begin!

Yay! November is over! November has always been my least favourite month and this year it was just as bad, if not worse than usual. It gets cold and rainy and I get depressed from the lack of sunlight. But now the holiday season has arrived! My plan this weekend is to put up our lights on the patios and to start acclimatizing our tree to being indoors. I think it'll take about 2 weeks which will bring it inside just in time for our Winter Party and keep it in until the day after Christmas.

I've started making my holiday lists. I always feel like there is so much to do in December and I feel so much more organized and under control when I make my lists. So far I have my list of gifts for family, my To Do list for today (not very long), my list of cookies to make ahead of time and freeze for the party and a list of other miscellaneous things to do to prepare for the party. The 2nd Annual Winter Party is going to be the best yet!

I walked home from work today. When I left the building I had my knitting out and so I just kept walking towards home. I got about halfway when my hands were too cold to continue knitting so I put it away in my bag and picked up the pace and was home in no time. It only takes about 25 minutes and seems to give me more energy so that when I get home I don't immediately feel like collapsing on the bed for a nap.

When I got home I let Jebus out for a bit, then forgot the door was open and let the apartment get crazy cold. I've shut the door now and Jebus and I are both sitting in chairs pulled right up close to the fire. Luke should be home within the next hour and then we'll be joining Larry and Catherine for dinner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home