Friends, food and fun
Another good weekend. After the car-booking mishap the rest of the night went very well. Loranda, Orlando, Jeremy, Laura, Chris and Mel came over for dinner and we made a roasted veggie salad and some roasted pizzas on the barbeque. Ate some ice cream, drank some wine, laughed a lot.
Saturday morning I got up at 9 and after tidying up a bit from the night before I laid out my mat and was just going through the closing postures just over an hour later when Luke woke up. That afternoon I picked up Laura and Jeremy and we headed out to do the grind. Jeremy bounded away from us just past the 1/4 mark and we met him at the top. I was very impressed with both of them. How is it that sedentary computer folk can run up a mountain with little trouble? When Luke and I did the Chief this year he surprised me as well. After some hot chocolate at the top we headed back down.
Luke and I rented a movie and he bought a video game and that is how Saturday night was spent after a tasty ginger beef dinner.
Yesterday morning I went to yoga. It was a really good class, better than usual in my opinion. It was also the last class at the Kits house. :( Oh well. I felt really great after and came home and snuggled up with Jebus and had a nap with the sounds of Zelda in the background. Decided to make some barbequed chicken for dinner and damn was it good!
A girl at work brought in a "Grilling" cookbook to work and so I photocopied a bunch of recipes (Friday's dinner was all from the same book). Had some baked potatoes (with goat cheese, cream cheese, basil and garlic - yum!) and salad to go along with the chicken. I rarely eat baked potatoes, just not all that crazy about them. When my family would go to Hawaii though we'd always get a ton of potatoes and would eat them nearly every night. When I was checking on them last night in the oven I was momentarily brought back to Hawaii by the smell. Weird to remember Hawaii by the smell of baked potatoes. Cooking the potatoes in Hawaii was always Gubby's thing. I can hear her saying, "have another potato Jenny." :)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home