Full of watermelon
Yesterday when I finally ventured out of the apartment and into the July heat, I picked up a couple things... A cookbook for pies, cakes, bars and other tasty desserts and some popsicle molds. The cookbook was on sale for $8! I had a recipe for Pitta pops (pitta being one of the 3 doshas or personality and constitution types in Ayurveda, which is the wholistic healing approach to medicine in India). They were made with almond milk, sugar and ground cardamom, but seeing as how I didn't have cardamom, I improvised. They are pretty good, and work well to cool you down. Although really, anything frozen would do the same thing. Today I pureed some watermelon and poured it in the molds... the popsicles are freezing at this moment. :)
I'm excited about the new cookbook, there are some amazing-looking desserts. How about coconut cream pie, pumpkin cheesecake or strawberry cream mousse pie? Yum. I've been meaning to make a pie with some of the berries I picked last week. It's just been so hot, I can't bear turning the oven on.
Luke came home early this morning after being on the road since midnight. I went to yoga down by the beach while he slept. It was really great today. The sun felt so good and there was a nice breeze. Just being outside with the big blue sky above made for a great practice. I went for a long swim at Kits pool afterwards which felt wonderful. I have just been reading and relaxing at home all afternoon. Thanks to Mel for recommending "The Sacred Balance" by David Suzuki. I've been alternating reading that book with "The Ayurvedic Cookbook" which has also been very interesting.
No plans for dinner yet... maybe the watermelon popsicles will be ready. :)


1 Comments:
I'm glad you're enjoying the book :) I hope you enjoyed the popsicles!
10:27 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home