a journal of sorts for the roomates of jebus man.

Monday, October 02, 2006

The Lions - check!


Howe Sound
Originally uploaded by jebusthecat.

I can cross the Lions off my hiking to-do list! We climbed to the base of the West Lion yesterday, an elevation gain of nearly 1300m, and back down in just over 8 hours. I had been looking forward to this hike for a while now and feeling a bit anxious because of it's reputation of being incredibly steep and long. It ended up not being so bad though, maybe because I was expecting it to be so much worse.

The views were great and I just love the feeling of being so high up in the mountains. Sitting right next to a landmark that is so clearly visible from the city was cool too.

Now all I've got left on my must-do hiking list is the Elfin Lakes and Joffre Lakes which are both accessible on snow shoes... Elfin looks like a neat overnight hike and they have a cabin where you can stay instead of pitching a tent in the snow. I suppose I could just wait till next season too... :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you! I have Joffre on the list too - the pictures I've seen look amazing!

2:40 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home